November 8, 2013

Pretzel Making at Home by Andrea Slonecker

Pretzel Making at HomeMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I'm not a fan of the hard pretzels you buy in bags, but I love a good soft pretzel every now and then, so I was really interested in getting into this book and trying my hand at it.

The book itself is a nice layout. More photos would have been nice, but the photos they have used are great. There is lots of good information in the front of the book with history, whys and wherefores. I haven't really gotten to cook much out of this book, though. As a Christian and non-drinker, I will not buy beer--even to cook with and a good portion of the recipes call for beer. I also have a tiny kitchen and 4 little kids, so I don't really have a good set up to use the lye solution. However, there is some great information in this book, lovely dips/toppings and a few recipes I can cook now and with some more research maybe I can find a good substitute for the beer and cook some more of these recipes.

I did drop the rating to a four due to the beer and lye as not everyone can/will use these, but for someone with no problems with beer and a good setup to be able to use the lye, this is definitely the book to go for!

I received a copy of this book from Chronicle Books through the Lisa Ekus Group for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)