July 10, 2013

"Patisserie at Home" by Will Torrent

Patisserie at Home: Step-By-Step Recipes to Help You Master the Art of French PastryMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

Wow! What a mouth-wateringly gorgeous book! I admit, the photo of Tarte éxotique made me laugh. Dried leaves and berries still on the stem?!? Too funny. However, this book makes you want to just dive in. I have made some basic French pastries in the past, "Paris Brest", basic cream puffs, etc, so this really doesn't feel like it's too far above my reach to even try. Yes, some of the recipes are a little more intense than others, but there are great recipes in here for everyone. I love how the book starts with the absolute basics of the different pastry doughs and basic creams and ganache and builds from there. Tarte au citron--really what is there more to say? I'm pretty sure I put on 5 lbs just LOOKING at the Tarte au chocolat, and the Mango and passionfruit mini éclairs are seriously calling my name.

If you want to get into French pastries, I would recommend this book. Just start at the front and work your way through. Lovely, lovely book that I would definitely recommend.

I received a copy of this book from Ryland, Peters & Small for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)