June 29, 2016

The Basque Book by Alexandra Raij

The Basque Book: A Love Letter in Recipes from the Kitchen of Txikito
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I have heard of the Basque region, but knew very little about their cuisine until I got this book. It's a fascinating read, and delicious to eat from! There is a wide range of recipes here, from the simple but sublime, to the more complicated and delectable.

Summer Tomatoes with Sweet Onion is a great example of the simple, yet sublime. Perfect, vine-ripened tomatoes paired with sweet onion and not much else is just summer dancing on your palate.

Classic Spanish Tortilla is a slightly more complicated with multiple flip and turns (which sounds easier than it is!), yet worth the effort. Lentils with Chorizo is just a match made in heaven, and don't even get me started on the desserts!

Let's face it. Most of us will never get the opportunity to explore this amazing region in person, but you can get a little taste of it in your own home with this delightful book.

I received a copy of this book from the Blogging for Books program for my honest opinion. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)