February 6, 2013

"The Miracle of Garlic" by Dr. Penny Stanway

The Miracle of Garlic: Practical Tips for Home & HealthMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I'm not sure what I expected going into this book, but it was way more than I thought it would be. If you want a book that pretty much covers anything you might ever want to know about garlic, this would be it. I will admit, portions of it were hard to read, being very dry, technical facts. There are some recipes, but not many. Honestly, most of the recipes did not appeal to me or were just basic recipes that you don't even need a recipe for. (Pasta with garlic and oil? Eggs with green garlic shoots? Who needs a recipe for those?!) However, there is everything you want or need to know about growing, preserving and using your garlic here, including a detailed breakdown of all the different medical uses. I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to put in a garden this year for the first time in a long time, and I was wanting to grow garlic, so this will be very helpful for that, and I love the home remedy section. The book is worth it by far for those two portions.

I received a digital copy of this book from Watkins Publishing Ltd to read and review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)