June 20, 2015

Zing! By Gorji

Zing! By Gorji - New Mediterranean Cuisine: Bold, Balanced, Simple & Savory
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

I love Mediterranean food and this cookbook brings a bold, fresh taste of the Mediterranean into your kitchen. Scallops and Gazpacho Salad (Oh, my! Amazing!!), Salmon Creme in Portobello Mushroom Cap, Cucumber, Tomato & Shrimp and more dazzle your taste buds and bring you back for more. Yes, there are some ingredients that may be hard to find for some recipes and there are some that I will not ever make (I'm not really into lamb brains!), but there's more than enough in this cookbook for anyone to find something delicious to cook.

The cookbook starts with Flavor Building Blocks and Tips, Techniques & Notes before moving into the recipes. Following the recipes are Some Basics on cooking gnocchi, pasta, boiling rice and preparing grape leaves as well as a couple of pages on Gorji Gourmet Foods--what there is and where to buy.

This is a lovely cookbook full of gorgeous photos and delightful recipes. I am very happy to recommend it to others. I have never been to Chef Gorji's restaurant, and maybe someday I will get to Texas and have the privilege of tasting his cooking first hand, but for now I can make his dishes in the privacy of my own home,

I received a copy of this cookbook from Word Slinger Publicity for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)