November 21, 2015

Making Dough by Russell van Kraayenburg

Making Dough: Recipes and Ratios for Perfect Pastries
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons

ggggg

Let me just start by saying this book is worth every penny if just for the Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe. Oh, my!! I substituted wheat flour for the crust and accidentally added too much liquid which meant I had to add more flour, work it more and that left me with a somewhat tough crust and it was STILL amazing! I didn't use the bourbon, but...wow! I'll be making it again in a few days for Thanksgiving!!

I would love to get each of my girls a copy of "Making Dough" before they leave home. It's just that good. All the classic pastry doughs you could ever need are covered in this book along with delectable recipes using them. From a simple Biscuit or Scone, to Shortcrust, Sweetcrust, Pate a Choux (Lemon Curd Eclairs are amazing!!), Brioche, Puff Pastry, Rough Puff Pastry, Croissant, Danish and Phyllo are all covered with a handful of recipes using each.

Charts, diagrams, ratios and photos abound along with clear, easy to follow instructions make this a great book for anyone from a very new beginner to someone who is used to making easier doughs and are ready to move on to the more complex such as Croissant, Puff Pastry and Phyllo doughs. This is a great quality book that I am happy to highly recommend to anyone interested in baking. Holidays are just around the corner, so it's time to get baking!!

I received a copy of this book from Quirk Books for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)