November 20, 2015

Afternoon Tea by Sue Simkins


My rating: 4 of 5 spoons

gggg

This little book is full of classic recipes for afternoon tea. Whether you want a simple meal of Cheese Toast (a big hit with my daughters) and biscuits or you want to go full on with different sandwiches, Victoria Sponge Cake, Strawberry Tarts, Scones, Shortbread and more, you can find it here.

As an American, I appreciate the oven temperature conversion chart. There is also helpful equipment and an overview of different types of tea times and occasions.

The one down side to this book is the complete lack of photos. It is a simple little book with a lower quality, matte paper. I would call it the budget tea book. The recipes are great, it would just be nice to see some photos of the finished dish. That is my only issue with this book, though. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend you give it a try.

I received a copy of this book from Independent Publishers Group for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)