November 21, 2015

So Jane by Hollie Keith

So Jane: Crafts and Recipes for an Austen-Inspired Life: Crafts and Recipes for an Austen-Inspired Life
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons

gggg

My daughters and I love Jane Austen, so this book is perfect for us. From cute crafts to yummy recipes, it's all things Austen. The book is divided into sections. Each section is based on one of Austen's novels. The Patchwork Fabric Bowl (Northanger Abbey) is adorable, and the Key to My Heart Children's Apron (Persuasion) is to cute for words as is the "I ♥ Mr. Darcy Pillow"...and I'm sure we all know that novel! Patterns are included in the back of the book.

The recipes range from the simple Assortment of Cheeses to the more complex Cheesecake, though none are particularly complicated. I like that as my mid-teen girls can easily make about anything in this book without my help. They love having tea parties, so they can easily get in the kitchen and make their own fancy sandwiches, Scones, Cakes, Baked Apples and more.

This is a darling book for any Austen lover. It would make a great Christmas gift for the Austenite in your life! I definitely recommend it!

I received a copy of this book from Gibbs Smith for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)