August 10, 2013

Homemade with Love by Jennifer Perillo

Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie's KitchenMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I love cooking from scratch. As a stay-at-home-mom, you could say it's my normal. Yes, it's nice to be able to grab a mix or something sometimes when you're in a hurry or something unexpected happens, but I love making a good home-cooked meal. This book is right up my alley as it's not only about cooking from scratch, but cooking healthy as well. This is not a vegetarian cookbook as some have stated, but there are great notations at the bottom of each recipe for 30 minutes or less, egg-free, vegetarian, vegan friendly, make ahead, dairy free, gluten free, under 1 hour, etc. I love the fact that it uses fresh, healthy ingredients, whole grains and more. I am trying to cook healthier for my family as my husband and I try to lose weight--not so easy when you review cookbooks!! He is doing great, I am slowly moving along. Cookbooks like this are so much fun for me, though. There's some great, healthy ideas for vegetables to go so nicely with the light, healthy proteins I've been cooking. You MUST try the slow-roasted tomatoes and easy roasted vegetables. I would never have thought of "Rosemary & Pecorino Popcorn", but it was quite yummy! I'm dying to make the Roasted Tomato Soup and Beef Spezzatino as well as many, many others. I'll be going back to this cookbook time and again!

I received a copy of this book from Running Press for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)