August 19, 2013

Mug Cakes by Leslie Bilderback

Mug Cakes: 100 Speedy Microwave Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet ToothMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I am much more of a salty/carbs type of girl, but sometimes you just want something SWEET!! I don't like to make big cakes and desserts very often as we usually don't end up finishing them (I hate throwing half a cake away!), and we don't like for any of us--including our kids--to have a lot of sugar. These are perfect. Super quick and easy, and just the right amount to give everyone a little something sweet. Lots of great combinations. I tried the yellow cake first as I figured if the very basic of basics didn't come out right, it probably wasn't going to go well on the fancier ones! The whole family loved it! Most recipes make enough for two mug cakes which split nicely between the 6 of us. The cake was moist and had a great flavor. It's probably a tad heavier than a regular cake, but not by much. The chocolate mayonnaise cake was everything it should have been. I'm ready to branch out now. I just made the Nutella Cake. Oh my, my my!! A MUST for anyone that likes Nutella! I'm thinking of trying the lemon thyme cake next.

This is such a fun book! Lots of lovely flavors with something for everyone. Many recipes for toppings and garnishes, and a section of "not exactly cakes" that includes Lindy's-Style Mug Cheesecake (can't wait to try that one!), Pumpkin Mug Pie, Lemon Bar Mug and more. Definitely a sweet little book to add to my favorites shelf!

I received a copy of this book from St. Martin's Press for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)