May 14, 2013

"One Pot, One Bowl" by Kim McCosker

4 Ingredients One Pot, One Bowl: Rediscover the Wonders of Simple, Home-Cooked MealsMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

Home cooked meals were never more easy!! 80+ recipes for everything from Little Cheddar Pies to French Lamb Casserole, French Onion Soup, Deep Pan Pizza, Apple Crumble, Key Lime Pie and many more.

Yes, these are simple dishes, and that is the point. This is great for those with limited cooking skills or just limited time. One great thing, is that a lot of these can be used as starting points. For instance, I made the Little Cheddar Pies (except I made 2 regular pies instead of 12 mini ones). The taste was good and the consistency was silky smooth. We really enjoyed it, and I'm already thinking of new ways to invent this. I almost threw some chopped portabella mushrooms and spinach in, but I wanted to make it like it was written first. I'll definitely be making this again with variations. The recipe "A Tuscan Love Story"--a simple tomato, butter, onions and pasta--is simmering on the stove now. Once again, there are so many ways you can go with this simple recipe and it will taste different every time! There are so many recipes in the book that I can't wait to cook. I definitely recommend it.

I received a copy of this from Atria Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)