May 19, 2013

"The South African Illustrated Cookbook" by Lehla Eldridge

The South African Illustrated CookbookMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

This is a small, slim paperback book that is so cute and filled with interesting recipes. Chapters are Soups & Starters, Salads, Fish, Mains, Poultry, Side Dishes, Desserts and Baking. Including the index, the book is only 80 pages long, but what they pack in the 80 pages! I love the illustrations and the tidbits of information and history on the recipes. The recipes themselves are very different. I removed a star for the difficulty in finding quite a few of the ingredients. I have long loved trying foods from all different countries, so this little book definitely finds a place on my shelf! It was so interesting seeing the influences of different countries, available foods and ways of life on the recipes. That is what makes international cookbooks so fascinating to me. It's like a little slice of their lives put in a book for us to read, ponder and sample. There is much to sample in this little book, and I definitely recommend it!

I received a copy of this book from International Publishers Marketing, Inc for Alison & Busby Ltd. for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)