May 24, 2013

"The Muffin Tin Cookbook" by Brette Sember

The Muffin Tin Cookbook: 200 Fast, Delicious Mini-Pies, Pasta Cups, Gourmet Pockets, Veggie Cakes, and More!My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

Who doesn't like cute little one-hand dishes? Everything from muffins to meatloaf and puddings to potatoes are made in muffin tins. Recipes call for either mini, regular or jumbo tins.

As the mother of four children, I enjoy making food fun for them and what's more fun than little individual dishes? We've had fun with this cookbook. We had the Chicken Florentine Meatloaf for supper the other night. I had ground turkey instead of chicken, but we all know they are interchangeable. It was a huge hit with the kids. What a great way to get some good spinach in them!! I myself hate regular cooked spinach, so I won't force my kids to eat it. I love being able to incorporate it in a dish that they love, though, and this one worked great. My third child just had her 11th birthday, so for her birthday breakfast I made the Baby Dutch Babies. I didn't have the strawberries, so I just sprinkled with powdered sugar and chocolate sprinkles and they were demolished in short order. We had company last night, and I made the Mini Yorkshire Puddings to go with the pork chops and potatoes and, once again, they were a big hit.

This is not a cookbook for food snobs by any means. You're not going to find exotic ingredients and intricate processes, but who wants to cook that way all the time? This is a fun, easy cookbook great for casual entertaining, people with kids or people who just like fun food.

I received a copy of this cookbook from Adams Media for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)