June 7, 2013

"The National Trust Simply Baking" by Sybil Kapoor

The National Trust Book of BakingMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

This is a gorgeous book that draws you in and makes you want to hit the kitchen immediately! Everything from simple scones to fancy tarts, cookies to amazing cakes and wonderful bread--it's all here in a nicely put together cookbook with beautiful photos.

There is a conversion chart in the front, which is handy as I live in the US, not England. Measuring the ingredients isn't so much of an issue, but the oven temperatures I needed a little help with. Many ingredients are fully explained, and there is a section for needed equipment as well as desirable equipment that is very nice.

The first night after I received this I made the Chocolate Chip Cookies. I didn't have the white chocolate, so I substituted some brown and pink chocolate chips instead. Lets just say, after tasting the cookies I wished I had some better quality chocolate to go with these amazing cookies! I made the Walnut Banana Bread and it turned out excellent. It cooked quicker than the book said, and almost got over done, but that could be my oven. We moved a few months ago, and I'm still getting used to my rather odd oven. Oh, there's so many more recipes I want to try! I love this book!

I received a copy of this book from Trafalgar Square Publishing thrugh Independent Publishers Group for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)