June 25, 2013

"Viva Italia" by Tomas Tengby

Viva Italia: 180 Classic RecipesMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

Anyone who knows me or has read my blog very long knows I love Italian cooking, so this book was right up my alley. Classic Italian recipes from all over Italy. So many good recipes in here, its hard to go wrong.

The book itself is gorgeous, with beautiful photos of both the food and the country. It's a joy to just curl up and flip through it, enjoying the sights as your mouth waters reading the recipes. The recipes are classic Italian--simple food prepared simply. From classic Bruschetta to a lovely Pana Cotta, start cooking Italian tonight!

I only gave this book 4 stars as the recipes--though lovely--are pretty much what you'd find in any Italian cookbook. There was just something missing that you can't even quite put your finger on. This is a gorgeous and useful cookbook, make no mistake about that. However, if I had to trim down the number of my Italian cookbooks tomorrow, I don't know that I'd hang on to this one as there isn't anything particularly special about the recipes themselves. It's a beautiful book, though, that many would love.

I received a copy of this book from Skyhorse Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)