September 5, 2013

The Glorious Vegetables of Italy by Domenica Marchetti

The Glorious Vegetables of ItalyMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

This is an incredible cookbook! A friend was over for a visit when this book came in and we oohed and aahed and salivated over the entire thing!! My "to make" list is a mile long with "Capricci with Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Cream" at the top of the list. My husband saw the picture and all of us immediately said, "Ooooh! I want to try that!!". The only reason I haven't made it yet is that I haven't found the capricci pasta yet. I know I can make it with something else, but I'd really like to make it exactly as it's listed first. The "Slow-Roasted Tomatoes" are incredible as are the "Baked Delicata Squash with Cream and Parmigiano". Some of these dishes look incredible, but I'm waiting on the autumn veggies to come into season before I dip into those recipes.

The "Gallery of Vegetables" in this book is wonderful. Each vegetable is listed with "Season", "To Clean" and "To Prepare" with all the basic information needed. That alone is great, especially for the vegetables I don't prepare often. Also included is a short section on different herbs, basic ingredients and basic equipment. This is especially helpful for more beginner cooks.

This is a wonderful cookbook that is definitely going on my "favorites" shelf to be used for a long, long time.

I received a copy of this book from Chronicle Books for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)