January 28, 2014

Everyday Thai Cooking by Katie Chin

Everyday Thai Cooking: Quick & Easy Family Style Recipes
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

This is a gorgeous cookbook!! My sister spent some time in Thailand several years ago and fell in love with their cuisine. I'll be honest, I've not had much Thai food, but I've thoroughly enjoyed what I have eaten. I've always felt a little overwhelmed at the thought of cooking Thai food for myself, though. This is a great book for overcoming those fears and diving into a new cuisine! I don't know if I fully agree with the "quick and easy" part of the title as a good many of these seem to be fairly optimistic on the prep time listed, but the recipes are laid out in a way that's easy to follow and understand. There are tons of great color photos, which is a definite plus.

I have a great Asian grocery store in my city (though it's a bit of a drive for me), but even then I'm not sure if I could find all of the ingredients. Sometimes I just have to substitute something else, or be content with not having every single ingredient for that particular recipe. I did drop the review a touch for that reason. Otherwise, this is a great cookbook for anyone interesting in cooking Thai cuisine.

I received a copy of this book from Tuttle Publishing through the Lisa Ekus Group for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)