January 25, 2014

Franny's: Simple Seasonal Italian by Andrew Feinberg

Franny's: Simple Seasonal Italian
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg



I am addicted to Italian cookbooks. I fell in love with the food on a visit Sicily, and have cooked more Italian than anything every since. "Franny's Simple, Seasonal, Italian" sucked me in immediately. This book is a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. Lovely recipes such as "Warm Controne Bean Salad with Radicchio and Pancetta" (lets face it--if it has pancetta in it, it HAS to be good!!), "Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Almonds and Pecorino", (my FAVORITE cheese of all time!), "Spaghetti with Herbs and Ricotta" (classic Italian simplicity) and "Pistachio Cake" fill this book. The photos are lovely, though I wish there were more of them, and just reading the recipes starts my gastric juices flowing! I highly recommend other Italian food lovers to try out this book.

My biggest issue was with the xantham gum in all the gelatos and sorbettos. I make gelato fairly regularly, and never have to resort to xanthum gum to get good results. I could have done without the chapter on cocktails, but that's pretty easy to ignore.

Over all, this is a great cookbook to fill those Italian cravings, and would be a great addition to anyone's collection of cookbooks.

I received a copy of this book from Artisan Books for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)