January 25, 2014

The Frog Commissary Cookbook by Steven Poses

The Frog Commissary Cookbook
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg





I was asked if I'd be interested in reviewing this cookbook and, while I had to laugh at the name, I was more than willing to give it a shot. I had never heard of "The Frog Commissary Cookbook", though I see now that many consider it a classic. I have to say, I have really enjoyed it! I received it during the holiday season and since I couldn't find my old stand-by pecan pie recipe, I decided to use the recipe from this book. Wow! I'm so glad I did!! I have to say, this is one of the best pecan pie recipes I've ever used. I HIGHLY recommend it along with the Phyllo Packets with Spinach, Feta & Pine Nuts. Yum!! Make sure to try out the Mixed Vegetable Slaw and Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Roasted Peppers & Balsamic Vinegar as well. I have to admit, I have not yet tried the Carrot Cake recipe, which I'm told is the best there is, but it is definitely on my "to-cook" list.

This is a great cookbook. Many recipes are unique and the layout is pretty nice. There are line drawing illustrations scattered throughout the book that add to the vintage cookbook look. I have to admit, some photos would be really nice. All-in-all, this is a really nice cookbook with interesting recipes, and I would definitely recommend to anyone to check it out.

I received a copy of this cookbook from Cammino Books for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)