August 2, 2014

The Healthy Slow Cooker by Judith Finlayson

The Healthy Slow Cooker: 135 Gluten-Free Recipes for Health and Wellness
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg 

As a home school mom with kids ranging from K to 9th grade this year, I LOVE my slow cooker!! We also have potluck every week at church, so I use my slow cooker a LOT! This book was an eye-opener, though. I had no idea you could make things like "Salty Almonds with Thyme", poached salmon, polenta and even poached pears in a slow cooker! I just recently learned you could cook rice in the slow cooker, so "Brown and Wild Rice with Bay Leaves" was right up my alley. Try the Chicken Cassoulet or Zesty Braised Beef with New Potatoes.

I was surprised to find some recipes in here that had nothing to do with a slow cooker such as "Oven-Baked Kale Chips" and "Yogurt Flatbread". Otherwise, this is a great cookbook for people who either love their slow cooker, or are just getting into using one.

I received a copy of this book from Robert Rose Inc. for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)