September 24, 2014

Tout Hache by Jaqui Small LLP

Tout Hache: Meatballs, Tartares, Burgers
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I'm sitting here munching on Salmon Fishballs as I write this review. Oh, my! These are amazing! I do recommend mincing the onions and celery instead of just chopping them as they're still a bit too crunchy/raw, but the flavors are wonderful! I'll definitely be making these again! Other than my 5-year-old, everyone else in the house loved them.

The book starts off with techniques, which is really nice, before it moves on to the recipes. There are not a huge amount of recipes in this book--only around forty-five recipes total--including six sauce recipes, five sides and one dessert (truffles). Eight are for tartares, so I will not be using those (I'm sorry, but I just don't eat raw meat!), but there are some fascinating recipes included. From Herby Veal Meatballs to Fish Burgers to Cottage Pie, there is a nice variety of flavors. I can't wait to try the Chicken Meatballs with Sesame and the Italian Veal Burgers. I do recommend this cookbook. While it may not be a thick cookbook with tons of recipes, the recipes are interesting and the book is good quality with gorgeous color photos.

I received a copy of this book from Quartos Books for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)