September 30, 2014

Aegean Flavours by Didem Senol

Aegean Flavours: A Culinary Celebration of Turkish Cuisine from Hot Smoked Lamb to Baked Figs
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

Luscious, exotic and even decadent are great terms to describe the flavors in this gorgeous cookbook! From 'Pine Nut and Minced Meat Borek' to 'Rump of Lamb Marinated in Molasses and Served with Roast Potatoes with Rosemary', 'Quail with Rosemary and Mushrooms' and 'Baked Figs Stuffed with Honey and Almonds Served with Warm Goat's Cheese', the flavours draw you back to this cookbook over and over again. Over 100 delightful recipes are laid out geographically in this beautifully photographed book.

The only caveat I had with this book is that the recipes are all written in the first person style, i.e. "I slice the red onion into very thin rings and I remove the seeds from the black olives. I either slice the tomatoes thin or quarter them." That gets annoying and/or distracting very quickly. However, that is the only drawback I found in this lovely cookbook, so I highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this book from Quartos Books for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)