January 10, 2015

The Sushi Lover's Cookbook by Yumi Umemura

The Sushi Lover's Cookbook: Easy to Prepare Sushi for Every Occasion
My rating: 3 of 5 spoons
ggg

I will be honest up front and tell you that I am NOT a sushi lover. It may seem strange for me to review a cookbook on sushi, but I have a daughter that LOVES sushi! I wanted some sushi cookbooks to make a lovely birthday dinner for her next birthday. I was interested to see what I could find that she would love and the rest of us could at least eat and possibly even enjoy. This cookbook was a bit of a mixed bag. There were some interesting recipes such as Flower Rolls, Easy Smoked Salmon Sushi and more, and then there were some that, frankly, turned my stomach. As much as I don't care for sushi, if I have to eat it I at least want it to be fairly authentic. I couldn't believe that the Two-Cheese Tuna Salad Rolls are actually wrapped in American cheese!! Ew! As for Sushi Pizza, I think I'll pass.

There are some interesting recipes that I think will work fine for my daughter's birthday, but this cookbook over all did not impress me.

I received a copy of this cookbook from Tuttle Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)