March 30, 2015

Mediterranean Paleo Cooking by Caitlin Weeks

Mediterranean Paleo Cooking: Over 150 Fresh Coastal Recipes for a Relaxed, Gluten-Free Lifestyle
My rating: 3 of 5 spoons
ggg

I'll admit, I do not follow a paleo diet, but I love Mediterranean food, so I thought I'd give this one a chance. While I'm not avoiding grains, I am trying to eat healthier. Early on in the book they tell you to avoid legumes, a greatly used ingredient in Mediterranean cooking with known health benefits. With no grains or legumes, I'm pretty sure I'll not be moving to a paleo diet, but on to the recipes.

The Pistachio-Crusted Sole looks AMAZING and is definitely on my to-cook list. Savory Chicken Kebabs are quick and easy as well as delicious and the Cioppino is just as it should be. There is a nice variety of foods from Breakfast to Pizza & Pasta, Seafood, Vegetables, Desserts and so much more. At the back of the book there are basic recipes for spice mixes, harissa, broths and more. It includes some tutorials, menu ideas and even a photo index (in addition to the regular one) divided by chapters. There are some great recipes in here--and some I know I'll never try--but there's plenty to recommend this book. If you are a paleo fan you should love this book. If you're not, give it a try. You may love it.

I received a copy of this book from Victory Belt Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)