March 30, 2015

My Japanese Table by Debra Samuels

My Japanese Table: A Lifetime of Cooking with Friends and Family
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

To me, Japanese cuisine reminds me a little of Italian in regards to style. Simple, good ingredients well cooked with occasionally a more complex dish thrown in. This book seems to embody that. String Beans with Crunchy Toasted Peanuts (vs Italy's sauteed green beans with garlic and slivered almonds), Scallops with Citrus Miso Sauce, Spring Rain Summer Noodle Salad, Chicken Balls in Teriyaki Sauce, Yakitori Rice Bowl and more deliver that delicious flavor of simple ingredients cooked well. If you're into it, there are some nice Bento box recipes near the back of the book.

This is a gorgeous book. I love that most of the recipes have a color photo so you know what your supposed to end up with. A few have additional, smaller, step-by-step photos that are especially nice. The recipes are clear and easy to follow. All-in-all, this is a great cookbook of Japanese fare that I think most would enjoy.

I received a copy of this book from Tuttle Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)