May 23, 2015

Cooking Class by Deanna Cook

Cooking Class: 57 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Make (and Eat!)
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg  

I am a firm believer in teaching kids to cook, and this is a great cookbook for doing just that! It's well and good to teach one on one familiar dishes; I think kids need to learn how to cook WITHOUT a recipe all the time, but they also need to learn how to cook from a recipe as well. One of my daughters just turned 13 yesterday and is passionate about learning to cook. This book works great for her as well as my younger daughter. It covers beginning cooking instructions, breakfast, lunch, snacks, veggies, dinner and dessert. From the supper simple such as how to hard boil an egg or mix and match sandwich shop or dipped strawberries to the more complicated such as crepes, spring rolls or meringue nests, there is something for every level of expertise in your little ones. I love that they can start simple and work their way to harder recipes all in one cookbook.

The photography is colorful and very informative. Step-by-step photos are included for many of the recipes helping the child follow the recipe even better. My older daughter just fell in love with California sushi rolls, so is thrilled to have the instructions to make her own!

I highly recommend this cookbook to families with kids. Even if they don't have a desire to learn to cook at the moment, this colorful, fun book just might be the inspiration they need!

I received a copy of this book from Storey Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)