August 6, 2015

Simply Ancient Grains by Maria Speck

Simply Ancient Grains: Fresh and Flavorful Whole Grain Recipes for Living Well
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I recently fell in love with quinoa, so I was excited to learn new ways to cook it as well as new grains to love. I can't wait to try the Quinoa Salad with Roasted Red Beets, Blood Oranges and Pomegranate--I just have to wait for blood oranges to come back in season here!

There is a multitude of delectable recipes and interesting history in this lovely cookbook. It contains everything from Lemon Pancakes with Millet and Amaranth to Warm Wild Rice Salad with Herb-Roasted Mushrooms and Parmesan (oh, my!), Flemish Beef Stew with Caramelized Onions and Rye, Roasted Portobello Mushrooms with Hazelnut Buckwheat Stuffing (yes, I love mushrooms!) and Kamut Shortbread with Hazelnuts. Find something fascinating to cook in any of the seven categories: Breakfast, Slow Mornings, Salads and Sides, Soups and Stews, Pasta, Simply Mains and Simple and Sweet.

I this book four out of five as there are multiple obscure and/or hard-to-find ingredients called for that make it more difficult to cook from this book. That is my only caveat with this book. Otherwise, I highly recommend it!

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)