August 6, 2015

The Cafe Spice Cookbook by Hari Nayak

The Cafe Spice Cookbook: 84 Quick and Easy Indian Recipes for Everyday Meals
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

I thoroughly enjoy Indian food, though I don't make it very often partly due to the length of time so many of the recipes take. I love this collection of delectable Indian dishes that are also easy to make in a relatively short period of time. A lovely, fragrant Lentil and Spinach Soup can be ready in as little as 45 minutes, South Indian Cabbage Slaw in 15, Milk Dumplings in Saffron Syrup (a favorite of mine!) in just 40 minutes. Now, in the age of instant everything, those may not sound like fast meals, but for an authentic, home-made Indian dish it's really good.

There is such a lovely assortment of dishes to cook here. Gorgeous color photos are scattered throughout for a significant number of the recipes. Be brave! Make your own spice mix (recipes are included) and choose a lovely Indian dish to make today.

I received a copy of this book from Tuttle Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)