August 6, 2015

The Land Where Lemons Grow by Helena Attlee

The Land Where Lemons Grow: The Story of Italy and Its Citrus Fruit
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I realize that this is not a book everyone is going to fall in love with. It is, however, a very fascinating book for me. I fell in love with the citrus in Sicily and this book pulled me in from the beginning. There is a great combination of story, humor, history and even a few recipes to keep you interested. There are a few places that move a little slowly, but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was enjoyable to read about the bizarre varieties of lemons in ancient gardens (which brought to mind the lemons we had in Sicily that the pith was the most delicious part!) and the history of citrus throughout Italy. I'm impressed that the author could take such a tiny point of interest and turn it into a fascinating book. Well done!

I received a copy of this book from Countryman Press for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)