May 25, 2016

Home Cooked by Anya Fernald

Home Cooked: Essential Recipes for a New Way to Cook
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons

ggggg

I love, love, LOVE this cookbook! Even the title spoke to me as I am a home cook. I've never had formal training and I don't claim to be even close to a professional. I just love food and cooking to feed my family. However, just because you're a home cook doesn't mean you have to stick to simple meat and veg type meals, and this book showcases that. While it includes great recipes for simple food, many of these recipes have inspiring new twists to them.

To pull you out of your comfort zone, the author includes delightful recipes for such things as Toma Cheese with Green Herbs, and Fresh Ricotta to introduce you to cheese making, or recipes for preserving your own food such as bone broths, canning tomatoes, making your own butter and buttermilk and more. The Fresh Ricotta is easy to follow with amazing results. I've made ricotta off and on for years, and this is a great recipe for it. There are recipes for making your own pasta, sauerkraut, confiting meat and so much more.

This book is high quality inside and out. From the binding to the photographs to the dishes themselves, this is a cookbook to cook from again and again. It has easily won its way onto my favorites shelf. I highly recommend you give this cookbook a try. It will not disappoint!

I received a copy of this book through the Blogging for Books program for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)