May 24, 2016

Sweet Mornings by Patty Pinner

Sweet Mornings: Breakfast and Brunch Desserts That Make Meals SpecialSweet Mornings: Breakfast and Brunch Desserts That Make Meals Special by Patty Pinner
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons

ggggg

I'll be honest, I can't really handle sweets in the morning, but my 14 year old daughter absolutely adores sweet breakfasts! She doesn't get them often, so you can imagine her excitement when she found out I received this book to review! She latched on it and I practically had to pry it out of her hands to read it myself! She was over the moon when I allowed her to make the Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes by herself. They didn't turn out perfectly, but the pancake batter is so nice that with the addition of a touch of sugar (the original recipe doesn't have sugar in the actual pancake batter as there is the swirl AND an icing for them), it's become my girls' go-to recipe for making pancakes from scratch themselves, and they turn out very nicely.

If you love sweets, this is perfect for you. You'll find everything from muffins, to cobblers, fruit breads, tea breads, granolas, French Toast Casserole, cinnamon rolls and so much more.

If you don't love sweets in the morning, there are some savory recipes as well including Mrs. Ruby's Table-Talk White Bread. My oldest daughter and I made this, and it turned out wonderfully. There is also a Bacon Quiche, Biscuits and more in the savory section.

This is a lovely cookbook. It's a quality cookbook that I'm giving to my daughter to keep as she grows up and moves away. I know it's something she can use for years and years to come. I'm very happy to highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this book from Agate Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)