April 21, 2013

"America's Best BBQ - Homestyle" by Ardie A. Davis

America's Best BBQ - Homestyle: What the Champions Cook in Their Own BackyardsMy rating: 2 of 5 spoons
gg

Ever wonder what professional cooks make in their own kitchens and backyards? Find out in America's Best BBQ--Homestyle, with more than 100 recipes for the no-holds-barred breakfasts, amazing appetizers, sensational salads and sides, pull-off-the-bone poultry and meat, succulent seafood, and delicious desserts.

I was really excited to get this book for review. I love to cook out, and was looking forward to some great recipes, and there are some great recipes. There are also some odd recipes (fruit salad that comes mostly from cans--seriously?!?), and then there's the dip that its name is a swear word. I don't swear, I don't like being around people that swear and I CERTAINLY don't like swear words in a cookbook of all things! There are more swear words than just in the title of the dip, as well. That totally turned me off and ruined this cookbook for me.

I received a digital copy of this book from Andrews McMeel Publishing through NetGalley.com for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)