April 25, 2013

"Dolci: Italy's Sweets" by Francine Segan

Dolci: Italy's SweetsMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

Mama Mia!! I ordered this book after my second trip to Sicily. I fell in love with the food over there, and couldn't wait to start making it for my family! This book covers sweets of all kinds from all over Italy, so there were some I'd never heard of as well as some old friends. Includes:

Cookies and Bite-Sized Sweets
Cakes and Sweet Breads, Refrigerator Cakes
Pies
Freezer Desserts
Spoon Sweets
Weird and Wonderful Unique and Unusual Desserts
Holiday Traditions
After-Dinner Beverages


This book really showcases over and over the fundamental rule of Italian cooking--less is more! Many have only a few ingredients, but oh the flavor you get from those few ingredients!! From the highly addictive honey cookies to the ultimate moist and tender (and flourless!) chocolate cake, tiramisu and Tuscan apple cake, you'll fall in love with these amazing dishes and cry for more! I have lemon granita working its magic in my freezer as I type.

Gorgeous photos, historical notes, fabulous recipes and a very nice, easily read layout make for a marvelous cookbook that I'll return to again and again.

Buon Appetito!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)