April 1, 2013

"Real Irish Food" by David Bowers -- Updated

Real Irish Food: 150 Classic Recipes from the Old CountryMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

Knowing I had friend coming for an extended visit who had visited Ireland and was actually getting ready to move over there, I bought this book to cook some real Irish food for them. I've always been interested in British cooking anyway, so I couldn't wait to dig into this cookbook. I nearly had to physically restrain her from stealing this book from me! Recipe after recipe was pointed out that they had enjoyed in Ireland, and the wonderful photos were nearly cried over. This book is a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach! We made Champ (Cally), a lovely mashed potato dish for potluck at church the following Sunday, and it was a huge hit. We bought some Irish Bangers to enjoy, but I can't wait to try the homemade Irish Sausages on pg. 34. Cauliflower Cheese in on my menu for later this week as well as are Roasties and Cottage Pie.

This is a wonderful cookbook that is as much fun to read and browse leisurely through the photos as it is to cook from! An added bonus is having the measurements in the English system rather than metric. I don't mind converting from metric, but it's nice not to have to.

Happy Cooking!

Love, love, LOVE the Cauliflower Cheese!!  It was a big hit with my family.  I will definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)