April 21, 2013

"Paris to Provence" by Ethel Brennan

Paris to Provence: Childhood Memories of Food & FranceMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

Paris to Provence is partly a travelogue of two different trips to France, and part cookbook. It is a beautifully photographed book, though I would have appreciated more photos of the dishes and not quite so many fancily photographed food items. The stories are fun, and the recipes are mostly fairly simple yet sophisticated and delicious. A helpful metric conversion chart is included in the back. I found myself dreaming of visiting the places talked about and eating this delightful food in the place that birthed it. A gem of a book that I would love to add to my personal collection!

I received a digital copy of this book from Andrew McMeel Publishing through NetGalley.com for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)