October 16, 2014

Madeleines by Barbara Feldman Morse

Madeleines: Elegant French Tea Cakes to Bake and Share
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

Oh, my! I'm baking more madeleines as I type, and they are amazing!! I'm currently baking the Classic French Madeleines, and they are a huge hit with my family. Light and airy, they melt in your mouth!

There are so many different recipes for madeleines in this lovely little cookbook. I had no idea there were that many variations. One down side; there is a typo in the recipe for the Pumpkin Madeleines. It says 1/ c. pureed pumpkin. I guessed and added 1/2 c, but I think it probably should be closer to 1/4 c. They were absolutely yummy, but I think a bit on the heavy side for a madeleine. I haven't found any other issues so far. Definitely try the Mapley Granola Madeleines!

I didn't have a madeleine pan, and I couldn't find one in the stores around here, so I ordered one online. Unfortunately, I didn't see the smaller print which was the only place it stated that it was a miniature version. I don't recommend a mini madeleine pan as the shell shape doesn't seem to stay in the little cakes, and it takes lots of pans or refills to finish one recipe. At one point, I threw some of the batter in some mini muffin tins just to help finish up! If you need a pan, I highly recommend getting a full-size madeleine pan!

I received a copy of this book from Quirk Books for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)