November 19, 2014

Chowders and Soups by Liz Feltham

Chowders and Soups: 50 Recipes for the Home
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg 

Cold weather has come earlier than normal to the Southern states this year. The days have been perfect for cozy fires and warming comfort food. This little book of chowders and soups is perfect for this weather! What it lacks in length, it makes up for in content as it is jam packed with luscious soups and chowders to warm the family. It also makes me want to pack up and move to the Canadian Maritimes!

I never realized there were so many chowders in the world! From your basic Clam Chowder, to Caribbean Seafood Chowder, Squid Chowder, Salt Cod and Chickpea Chowder and a Smoked Salmon Chowder that brought back fond memories of my years spent in Alaska, there's something for everyone. If you're not a big seafood fan, there are plenty of other options including Roasted Corn Chowder, Chicken Chorizo Chowder, and Potato and Ham Chowder to name a few. With Thanksgiving on its way, it will be a great time for Homestyle Turkey Soup, designed to use up leftovers. Finish it off with a lovely Chilled Blueberry Soup or Chilled Strawberry Soup with Black Pepper.

There are 50 Recipes in this book and I can honestly say I'd be interested in making at least 35-40 of them. That's a huge percentage, when with many cookbooks, I'm fairly happy if half of the recipes make me want to cook them. This is a great little cookbook that I am happy to recommend!

I received a copy of this book from Nimbus Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)