November 3, 2014

Maritime Fresh by Elizabeth Bailey

Maritime Fresh: Delectable recipes for preparing, preserving, and celebrating local produceMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

Oh, what fun! I'm not a huge vegetable lover, but this book had me salivating from Apple Butter clear through to Berry Maritime Rumtopf! So many ways to make vegetables! From Eggplant Fries to Scalloped Turnips, I found myself wanting to try them all. I started with a simple Garlic-Fried Brussels Sprouts. I hated Brussels sprouts growing up and only discovered they weren't so bad after all when I was in my thirties. These were delicious and so quick and easy to make. I'm trying the Pecan Brussels Sprouts next! Fresh Tomatoes with Basil and Mozzarella is a long-time family favorite around here. I had never tried it with balsamic vinegar, though.

I love that this cookbook runs the gamut of super simple and easy with very few ingredients such as Kale Chips to more involved and adventurous, like Red Curry Shrimp and Cabbage. Emphasis is on fresh, quality ingredients, and that shows in the final dish.

Maritime Fresh is a beautiful cookbook full of gorgeous, full-color photos printed on a nice, heavy paper. It's fun to browse through and cook from, and I know I'll be returning to it again and again.

I received a copy of this book from Nimbus Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)