November 19, 2014

Preserving by the Pint by Marisa McClellan

Preserving by the Pint: Quick Seasonal Canning for Small Spaces
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I have a fairly small kitchen, so I don't really do large batch preserving. This book is perfect for me! Small amounts of scrumptious goodies from Honey Sweetened Strawberry Jam to Caramelized Onion Spread with Sage are perfect for small kitchens. Another great thing about the small batches, is being able to try something new without being stuck with a huge batch if you don't like it! I've seen interesting looking recipes in other preserving cookbooks that I just wasn't willing to put that amount of time and even money for all the ingredients as I didn't know if any of us would like it or not. No such problem here, and if you do like something, it would be simple to double or triple most recipes for larger batches. I really want to try the Rosemary Apple Jam, and the next times lemons go on sale I'd love to make the Lemon, Parsley and Garlic Salt. It sounds right up my alley!

The recipes are not restricted to canning recipes. You will find things like Whole Wheat Biscuits and Jam-Glazed Chicken Legs as well. There's a little something for everyone.

I received a copy of this book from Running Press for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)