October 6, 2013

Mary Berry at Home by Mary Berry

Mary Berry at HomeMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

Mary Berry is just a queen of British cooking and this is a great addition to her large collection of cookbooks. There seems to be something for everyone. You will have to convert the oven temperatures to Fahrenheit, but that's not a very big deal. There is a conversion table in the front of the book, Fahrenheit temps just aren't listed on the individual recipes. Some of it isn't really suitable to most Americans; for instance, unless you live where you can hunt pheasant, it's not likely you're going to be able to just buy some at the store, and I don't know if I've ever seen smoked haddock in a store over here. However, there are many, many recipes that are wonderful that we can cook here in the US with no problem. The "Chicken with Vermouth & Sage" is a nice play on the Italian "Chicken Saltimbocca". It's very quick and easy, and white cooking wine substituted for the vermouth still worked fine. The "Chocolate Obsession" cake is definitely on my list to make when I can cheat on my diet a little later! It looks AMAZING!! The "West Country Gratin"--oh, my! "Maple-spiced Chicken" is definitely on my to do list as well. I really like the "Time for Tea" section in the back. My daughters love having tea parties, and these are great recipes for simple tea parties at home as well as larger, grander tea parties to entertain.

This book is a joy just to read through, not to mention cook out of! There's not a photo for every recipe, but there are plenty of photos scattered throughout. "Mary Berry at Home" is a cookbook that I highly recommend and hope to enjoy for years to come.

I received a copy of this book from BBC Books through IPG for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)