December 5, 2015

Blue Ribbon Baking by Linda Amend

Blue Ribbon Baking
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons

gggg

I love to bake, and now I'm trying to pass that on to my kids. What's not to love about blue ribbon baking recipes?

I started with the Cheese Bread. I wanted something quick for supper, and we all love cheese, so it seemed perfect. There was only one problem. I probably should have made two loaves!! It was excellent. The crumb texture was so nice as it is in quick breads, and when your butter melted into the warm slices it just became a little bit of heaven!

The cookies are a nice selection of classics. The Fudgy Mocha Cookies are a delight! There are brownies and bars galore, cakes for any taste, frostings and fillings (including my all-time favorite, lemon curd!), pies of all kinds, quick breads, muffins, yeast breads and pastries. The only problem is so many choices, so little time!

This is a great cookbook, especially for beginning bakers that need clear instructions and tried-and-true recipes. The instructions are easy to read and understand. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am happy to recommend it.

I received an F&G ("folded and gathered", unbound pre-print) from Pelican Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)