December 15, 2015

Top Secret Recipes Step-by-Step by Todd Wilbur

Top Secret Recipes Step-by-Step: Secret Formulas with Photos for Duplicating Your Favorite Famous Foods at Home
My rating: 4 of 5 spoons

gggg

I've used Todd Wilbur's cookbooks before, so I couldn't wait to get hold of this one. There was only one problem...I could barely pry it out of my teenage daughters' hands!! I love that this edition has step by step photography instead of little sketches. A lot of these recipes I would feel totally comfortable turning them over to my daughters to cook as the recipes are so easy to understand and follow.

I've seen fairly ridiculous prices for a small box of mix to make Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits, but you can make them here quickly and easily...and pretty cheaply! Make your own Olive Garden salad with dressing (this dressing is sooo good!!), or KFC's Grilled Chicken! Who wouldn't want to be able to make their own Cracker Barrel Chicken Fried Steak or Chili's Grilled Baby Back Ribs? All these and so many more are found in the pages of this delightful book.

Some of the recipes do require specialty items such as liquid nitrogen for Dippin' Dots or a special pan to make Twinkies or a special cutter for curly fries, but most are made with items many people typically have or are easily accessible.

This is a fun cookbook. Instead of going out to eat, why not get together as a family and make some of your favorite "eat out" foods at home!

I received a copy of this book from Penguin Random House for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)