December 5, 2015

The Hot Bread Kitchen Cookbook by Jessamyn Waldman Rodriguez

The Hot Bread Kitchen Cookbook: Artisanal Baking from Around the World
My rating: 5 of 5 spoons

ggggg

Oh, my! I am a complete bread addict, and I love to bake. This book is just perfection for me. The chapters move seamlessly from Primordial Bread: Unleavened Flatbreads to Slightly Elevated: Leavened Flatbreads, Masa y Mas: Tortillas and More, The Dark, Crusty Loaf: Lean Bread and Rolls, Challah and Beyond: Enriched Breads, Rolls and Buns, Filled Doughs From Around the World, Short and Sweet: Quick Breads and Holiday Breads and Waste Not: What to Do With Leftover Bread.

The cover of the book just grabbed me immediately with the gorgeous photo of Nan-e Barbari bread, and that's exactly what I made first. The scent of the bread wafting through the house nearly drove us nuts for the 18 minutes it was in the oven, and the flavor is absolutely amazing!! It is a leavened flatbread, and was so easy to make. I'm sure I'll be making it again.

I love that it's not JUST bread recipes, but things to do with the bread (and not just in the Waste Not chapter) such as Monkey Bread using leftover Challah dough, Roast Pork Belly Bahn Mi With "The Works" using the Bahn Mi Baguettes and more.

I only see one problem with this book, and that's deciding which recipe to use next! Well, the only other issue is how many pounds am I going to put on because of this book! Seriously, this is an amazing book that I cannot recommend highly enough. It has definitely found its way to my favorites shelf!

I received a copy of this book from Clarkson Potter Publishers through the Blogging for Books Program for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)