January 10, 2013

"Dishing Up Virginia" by Patrick Evans-Hylton, Edwin Remsberg

Dishing Up® VirginiaMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

What a lovely book! Part history, part cookbook, this book is arranged by regions and includes menus, background and history on foods special to Virginia and most of the recipes themselves. Gorgeous color photos throughout is a feast for the eyes as well. The recipes, well lets just say I'm ready to hit the kitchen!! Some wonderful old favorites as well as new recipes I'm dying to try such as Williamsburg Lodge Fried Green Tomato Salad, Virgina Sea Scallops with Shallots and Walnuts, Chesapeake Cioppino, Crab Salad Lettuce Wraps, Southern Fried Caprese Salad (have I died and gone to heaven?!? I adore Caprese salad--can't wait to try it fried!!), Traditional Country Applesauce, Monticello Apple Cake, Black Walnut Balls......Yum!! This a beautifully put together cookbook with incredible recipes. I definitely recommend this one!

I received an ebook version of this book from Storey Publishing through NetGalley.com for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)