January 18, 2013

"The Yankee Chef" by Jim Bailey

My rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

This is a gem of a cookbook! We spent some time in New England a couple of years ago (and fell in love with it, by the way!), so I couldn't wait to dig in to this cookbook. This book is chock full of yummy recipes from the region with a healthy sprinkling of foreign recipes in honor of New England's diverse heritage. Boston Baked Beans, New England Boiled Dinner, Clam Bake, Fried Clams, Seafood Stuffing, Codfish Cakes, Maine Blueberry Pie, Red Flannel Hash and, of course, Whoopie Pies! I only had one issue with this book. In multiple recipes he states that the authentic recipe is more involved, so he's giving you a shortcut by using something else instead. I wish he would have included the instructions for those of us who would like to go the extra mile to make it authentic. Otherwise, this is a great cookbook that I would LOVE to have on in my collection!

2 comments:

  1. Sandra, forgive me for contacting you this way, I didn't have my 12 year old son next to me on the computer to show me how. Anyway, you are so kind and I thank you for the nice things you said about me and my cookbook. You are my first review and I look forward to following your blog now. Best wishes and again, thank you for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem. I'm happy you contacted me at all! :-) I LOVED your cookbook, and was more than happy to say "nice things" about it. I have the digital version, but I will be looking for the hardcopy to add to my collection as I'm sure it will be pulled out again and again! Now I just have to decide which yummy recipe to make first! lol

      Delete

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)