January 4, 2013

"You Be Sweet" by Patsy Caldwell

You Be Sweet: Sharing Your Heart One Down-Home Dessert at a TimeMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons
ggggg

Oh my, my, MY!! I am in love with this cookbook!! I'll be honest, I bought this cookbook on the strength of my sister's review on her blog, http://cabinfeverreading.blogspot.com.... What an absolutely fantabulous cookbook!! Lots of old friends in here! I've seen numerous recipes for various versions of "Chess Pie" in other cookbooks, but none were as good as the one I grew up on, which has become a family favorite to my kids now. This one has it!! She's has put a spin on our old fried dried apple pies ("Cherry-Apple Fried Pies"), but the basics are all there. Glazed doughnuts, chocolate gravy, grape pie, banana nut bread, buckeyes, jam cake, sweet potato pie...ya'll come eat, now!!

1 comment:

  1. You beat me to it!! I reviewed it and put it on my to get list and you found it first! We have quite the sisterly competition going here don't we?!
    Seriously, I am glad you found it! Reading through it was like a walk down memory lane of our childhood! One page was Granny, Another Aunt Mary Jane, then Another Mammaw then Dad or Mom. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)