January 14, 2013

"Salad for Dinner" by Tasha DeSerio

Salad for Dinner: Simple Recipes for Salads that Make a MealMy rating: 4 of 5 spoons
gggg

I was very excited to get a digital edition of this cookbook to review. My family & I are trying to eat healthier. I love salads as a way to accomplish that, but sometimes it seems like you're making the same basic salad over and over with just minor variations. This book changes all of that! Page after page of yummy recipes for healthy salads that won't bore you. I like that some of them include different kinds of meats, and there's plenty of bean salads which give you lots of protein and keeps away that hunger an hour after eating feeling. Now, on the digital copy I recieved, the index was a mess. Mostly just "A" and a little "B" repeated over and over.  Hopefully this was fixed in the print edition.  Also, the recipe for "Frisee with Seared Scallops and Blood Oranges" (which looks/sounds incredibly yummy!!) was accompanied by a picture clearly showing normal oranges. Blood oranges are deep red while these were bright orange. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would love to add it to my shelf.

I received this book from The Taunton Press via NetGalley.com for my honest review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)