January 4, 2013

"The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe Book" by Antony Wild and Carol Pastor

The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe BookMy rating: 5 of 5 spoons

ggggg

I have long been a fan of teatime. Before marriage, kids, homeschooling, etc sped up the pace of my life, afternoon tea was a time I enjoyed often. I still sometimes take a tea tray off to have a little time alone, and I love doing tea parties for my girls. In fact, for her eleventh birthday, my daughter requested a tea party. We made it a "High Tea" so Daddy could join in. We had a great time cooking together to get ready for it, and that's where this book comes in. We didn't make every dish out of the book, but we did make several. This book is wonderful!! Everything we tried came out wonderfully, and we have many things on our "to make" list.

This is an absolutely gorgeous book, full of fantastic photos, recipes and information. The first 47 pages are filled with tea knowledge and history, etiquette, essential ingredients, basic equipment, methods, problem solving, etc. The recipes then commence. Wow! They start with recipes to make your own jam. I have not made these yet, but they are on my "to do" list for this summer when the fruits come back in season.

The main recipe portion is divided into:

Savoury Treats
Teabreads and Bakes
Fruity Treats
Pastries
Biscuits and Bars
Tea-Time Treats
Classic Cakes
Mini Celebrations
Sumptious Gateaux

This is a really great collection of classic British teatime treats. You're sure to find wonderful recipes here.

Happy Cooking!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)