March 3, 2016

In a While, Crocodile by Patrice Kononchek

In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes
My rating: 2 of 5 spoons

gg

New Orleans food in a slow cooker? What's not to like?! Unfortunately, several things. I wanted to love this cookbook and to use it a lot, but there were many issues. I made the Crabby Chicken to do the Crabby Chicken Salad and, while the chicken itself was fine, the chicken salad was another matter all together. The photo showed a beautifully dressed salad with cubed chicken while the recipe called for you to shred the chicken and there was no dressing to be found. I realize you can just cube the chicken if you want, but it is a pet peeve of mine for cookbooks to show you one thing while giving instructions for something different, and I would want the authentic dressing, not have to just figure something out on my own. Anyway, it was not a hit with my family.

Unfortunately, anything I tried from this cookbook pretty much had the same results. No one in my family really cared for anything from this cookbook, and we spent some time in Louisiana and lower Mississippi and they loved the food there.

If you really know what you're doing with New Orleans cuisine, you can probably tweak these recipes to get them to come out better. If you're completely new to New Orleans food, you might want to try a different book.

I received a F&G of this book from Pelican Publishing Company for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)