March 3, 2016

The Whole Enchilada by Angelina Larue


My rating: 4 of 5 spoons

gggg

I love enchiladas, so I couldn't wait to cook from this book. I was somewhat surprised to find it only had 3 recipes for enchiladas (4 if you count the soup). Considering the name, I was expecting more, but forged ahead anyway. It was a nice, cold day so I decided on the Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup, and I'm so glad I did! This soup is absolutely delightful! Lightly spicy and rich, it was the perfect dish for a cold day...but that won't stop me from making it during the summer, too!

Next I decided to make a nice, hot breakfast for my family so I pulled this book back out and made the Breakfast Tacos. I had to tweak it just a touch. I didn't have Serrano ham so I actually used sausage, and I left out the crushed red pepper flakes so my youngest could eat them as well. They were delicious and reminded me of the breakfast burritos we used to get from a tiny place in Texas years ago.

Don't be deceived by the title, this is so much more than just a book of enchilada recipes. From brisket to empanadas, or tamales to handmade tortillas, you can find a bit of everything from the Southwest.

I received an F&G fro Pelican Publishing Group for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly! :-)